Equal in Faith 2014
Posted by: Carol Schmidt
On Tuesday, August 26, 2014, Equal in Faith will mark National Women’s Equality Day through a social media campaign and launch of their new website at www.EqualinFaith.org. All are invited to participate in the social media campaign on Tuesday and here are ways for you to take action:
1) “Like” the Equal in Faith Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/EqualinFaith
2) Next Tuesday (August 26), post a photo of yourself to Twitter and/or Facebook holding a sign with the hashtag #equalinfaith
3) or post a message on Twitter and/or Facebook with the hashtag #equalinfaith
Post to your own Facebook or Twitter account with the setting on public and the hashtag #equalinfaith and your message will be shared on the Equal in Faith Facebook Page. You are also invited to post directly on the Equal in Faith Facebook Page.
Write your own message or use one of the following suggestions:
- I am #equalinfaith
- Women of faith stand for equality #equalinfaith
- Men of faith stand for equality #equalinfaith
- I am a feminist of faith #equalinfaith
- I am not afraid #equalinfaith
Here are several sample signs that you are welcome to use:
4) Plan an action for International Women’s Equality Day
During the next few months, Women’s Ordination Conference (Roman Catholic), Ordain Women Now in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, and the Mormon group Ordain Women will collectively host regional, interfaith planning sessions for a worldwide action for religious gender justice on March 8, 2015, International Women’s Day. Information about regional meetings will be posted as it is available.
“Our hope is that interfaith solidarity gatherings will underscore our belief that religion can liberate rather than subjugate all peoples, and our collective wisdom will ignite conversations about transforming our traditions into more equitable communities.” Kate McElwee of WOC, with special thanks to her for ideas and much of the content of this post.